WordPress has a built in image gallery that allows you to quickly add multiple images to a Page or Post.
- In your editing screen place your cursor where you’d like the Gallery to appear
- Click the button
- Click in the left hand menu
- Click images to select them for your gallery – a small tick will appear in the top right, choose from the Media Library or Upload Files to use new images
- Click at the bottom right of the window
- Add Captions, reorder, remove, or add to the Gallery
- In the Gallery Settings, select the Links To, Columns, Random and Size*
RECOMMENDED GALLERY SETTINGS
The best settings for your gallery will depend on your content and current Theme – begin with these settings
Links to Media File
TRY editing your Gallery from the Post editing screen. Try removing an image from the Gallery and then adding in a new image.
The actual image sizes displayed in your gallery take their dimensions from the settings under;
WordPress makes various sized images during the upload process (now you know what crunching means!)
Changing these figures only affects images uploaded after the setting is altered – it doesn’t affect previously uploaded images. Plugins are available to resize all previously uploaded images to reflect the new settings.